Any reference to “you” or “your”, means you as a user of our website at www.mysteryapplicant.com (“Website”) or any of our online services (together the “Services”). Any reference to “we”, “us” or “our” is to Mystery Applicant Limited (a company registered in England with company number 6613137 whose registered office is 11 Laura Place, Bath, Avon, England, BA2 4BL).
What information do we hold about you and how is it collated?
Where the company to whom you have applied for employment has confirmed that you have provided your prior consent, we will contact you and request completion of a survey relating to your application and/or interview experience. We will collect and process the information that you provide in response to the survey and provide a report to the company.
Any personal information passed to us (typically your first name and an email address) is used exclusively to personalise and send invitations to provide feedback.
Data in the report we provide to our clients is aggregated and you will not be identified personally, unless you identify yourself by entering your personal information in response to a request for feedback, in dong so it is understood that you wished to identify yourself. Within our surveys you are only requested to respond directly to the question/s asked, any other information you choose to provide is unsolicited.
We may also collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website or filling in online or emailed surveys or other forms.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our Website or web-based Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
In addition, in common with many other online services, we may use “cookies” or other devices to store and sometimes track information about you (see section entitled “Cookies and other such devices” below).
How do we use information about you?
Where you decide to complete a survey relating to your application and/or recruitment experience we will: collect and process the information that you provide in response to the survey; aggregate those responses; and report to the person or company that requested us to send those surveys.
We may also use other personal information in the following ways:
- to monitor, develop and improve the Services and your experience;
- to ensure that content from our Website or any Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (or those of our sub-contractors, agents or service providers) including, but not limited to, order fulfillment, billing and delivery;
- process and deal with any complaints or enquiries made by or about you; and/or
- investigate any suspected breach of any contractual terms and conditions (including those of our partners) otherwise relating to you and to monitor compliance.
Where and only where requested by you we will:
- send you and keep you updated with information by email, telephone or mail about existing and new services; and/or
- send you information by e-mail, telephone or mail about related products or services of selected third parties that may be of interest to you.
Where do we store your personal data?
Amending your information
Where we permit you to register your details for certain services and open a user account that you can then use to access and log on to use those services, you may change or update your user name and password or other details at any time via your account. You must make sure that you update details as soon as possible with any and all relevant changes.
Cookies and other such devices
A cookie is a small amount of data sent from our server and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies that are strictly necessary for the operation of the Website:
Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the Services to operate and are already set. These are strictly necessary for the performance of a Service requested by you and/or the employer to whom you have applied for a position of employment and without them the Service cannot operate as intended.
Other uses of cookies (where you have consented to such use):
- to allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and/or Services and avoid having to re-enter information;
- within registration to allow you to access stored information;
- to help us recognise you as a unique visitor when you return to our Website or any Service and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests or to avoid showing you the same adverts repeatedly; and/or
- speed up searches.
Find out how to disable/enable cookies by clicking on the “Manage Cookies” section of the Interactive Advertising Bureau UK website on the following link http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Will we share your information with third parties?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may pass your information to our partners and other parties as follows:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Mystery Applicant Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- we may pass your personal information to our, or our partners’, employees and agents to administer the services provided to you by us now or in the future;
- some general statistical information about the Website/Service user base, sales patterns, traffic volumes and related matters may be passed on to reputable third parties but these details will not include information personally identifying you; and
- we may disclose your personal information to the police, regulatory bodies or legal advisers in connection with any alleged criminal offence or suspected breach of any terms and conditions, including those of our partners, otherwise relating to you or otherwise where required by law and we will co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity of or locate anyone breaching any terms or conditions or otherwise for the prevention or detection of crime or the apprehension or prosecution of offenders.
We do not pass or sell your personal information to third persons for any other purpose than those set out above.
Security/how do we protect your information
We endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. Where possible we use industry standard technology to allow for the encryption of potentially sensitive information.
You can email us with any questions, queries or complaints at email@example.com.
We have notified the Information Commissioner’s Office about our data processing activities under notification number z2962933.